Do you love a Naan flatbread pizza as much as I do?? I always buy the Stonefire Naan Flatbreads when they are on sale, and keep them in the freezer for when I need a quick and easy weeknight dinner. While there are so many variations to naan pizza, my favorite is this Sausage Pesto Naan Pizza!
My husband gave the seal of approval for this pizza! He said “these are soooo good.” It is super easy to make, so get those husbands and kids involved in making their own pizzas if you want!
Ingredients and Substitutions for Sausage Pesto Naan Pizza:
- Naan flatbreads – You can buy any shape/size/flavor of these that you prefer. Note that you may have to adjust the amount of toppings you use if you buy a different size than the Original flatbreads that I used for this recipe.
- Basil pesto – You can use fresh or jarred pesto. I make fresh pesto during the summer, then put small servings in Ziploc bags and place in the freezer. That way, I always have fresh pesto on hand!
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Use whichever brand/type of cheese you prefer.
- Cooked sausage crumbles – Any type of sausage will work here. I’ve used chicken sausage and Italian sausage with good results. You could also use meatless sausage crumbles if you want.
- Grated parmesan cheese – I like the flavor of freshly grated/shredded parmesan cheese, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
- Garlic powder, dried basil, red pepper flakes for topping – These are the toppings I like to use to give the pizza a little extra flavor and pizazz!
How to make Sausage Pesto Naan Pizza:
These are super easy to make! Basically just preheat your oven, place the flatbread on the pan, and load up with toppings. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then serve, and enjoy!! So YUM!!
To make the crust extra crispy and golden brown, brush it with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
Sausage Pesto Naan Pizza
- 2 Stonefire Original Naan Flatbreads
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup cooked sausage crumbles
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder, dried basil, and red pepper flakes for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and/or spray with cooking spray. Place flatbreads on the baking sheet.
- Begin building your naan pizzas. The ingredients listed above are enough to split evenly between the two flatbreads. Start by first spreading the pesto on the flatbread. Then add the mozzarella cheese, sausage crumbles, and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, dried basil, and red pepper flakes as desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
For some more easy dinner recipes, check out my post on the 10 Best Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Recipes!