Let me introduce to you the PERFECT fall and/or winter overnight oats recipe: Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats! This is the perfect easy breakfast idea. It takes less than 5 minutes to throw together at night. Pop it in the fridge, then just grab and enjoy in the morning!
I have eaten these Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats for breakfast every day for the last 10 days. They are seriously that good. The recipe is dairy-free and vegan.
If you are not a huge oatmeal person, I urge you to try these, because they are really so customizable! If you like it a bit thicker, you can reduce the almond milk. If you want it thinner, add more! You can eat them hot or cold, with or without toppings, and make them as sweet as you desire!
Ingredients and Substitutions for Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats:
- Old fashioned oats – Use old fashioned oats rather than quick oats for the best texture when making overnight oats.
- Chia seeds – The chia seeds help thicken up the overnight oats and provider fiber + healthy fats. I wouldn’t substitute the chia seeds, but feel free to add more seeds such as hemp seeds or flax seeds if you wish!
- Pumpkin pie spice – A bit of pumpkin pie spice gives these overnight oats a nice warm flavor perfect for the fall and winter months. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, I would use ground cinnamon instead.
- Maple syrup – Use maple syrup or honey to add a touch of sweetness. Make sure to use maple syrup if you want these overnight oats to be vegan.
- Pumpkin puree – Of course we need to add some pumpkin in here to make Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats! Use pure pumpkin puree that is unsweetened, otherwise the final product may come out too sweet. Pumpkin is loaded with vitamin A and fiber!
- Almond milk – I always have unsweetened almond milk on hand, so that is what I use in this recipe, but feel free to use any non-dairy milk of your choice!
- Toppings – Dairy free chocolate chips are a great addition! You can also add some almond or peanut butter for more healthy fats and protein. Sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to make it pretty!
Are Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Gluten-Free?
Yes, this overnight oats recipe is naturally gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free oats! Pure old-fashioned oats are naturally gluten-free, but some are processed in the same facility as gluten-containing ingredients like wheat and barley. If this is important to you, look for old-fashioned oats that are labeled gluten-free.
What size mason jar should I use for Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats?
I like to use a pint-size (16 ounce) mason jar for this overnight oats recipe. I have made this in an 8 ounce jar before, and it tends to overflow a bit. Therefore, I would say you can use any size jar between 10-16 ounces.
You can make Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats in a Tupperware container if you do not have any glass jars. Another great idea is to use an empty nut butter jar! I love to save my empty jars specifically to make overnight oats. They taste extra yummy combined with the leftover nut butter.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats (Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mason jar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- 2 tbsp pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any dairy-free milk of choice
- nut butter, dairy free chocolate chips, cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to a glass mason jar and shake well to combine.
- Place in the fridge 8 hours or overnight.
- Eat cold or microwave for 30 seconds. Add your preferred toppings and enjoy! So easy!
Check out my Overnight Oats with Protein Powder for another delicious breakfast recipe!