Finding a good, balanced breakfast that you can make ahead of time can be challenging! January is National Oatmeal Month, which highlights oatmeal as a healthy breakfast staple. These Overnight Oats with Protein Powder check all the boxes for a hearty, delicious breakfast. They are high protein, high fiber, lightly sweetened, and satisfying.
This recipe is perfect to make the night before and grab on the way out the door on those busy mornings. It takes less than 5 minutes to throw together. After coming together overnight, the result is a deliciously creamy and thick bowl of oatmeal.
There are a TON of overnight oats recipes out there, but they tend to vary in the proportions of ingredients that are used. I created this recipe to avoid that bland flavor and thin texture that some overnight oats recipes have. I promise you, this recipe for overnight oats with protein powder is perfect!! Just look at that bite!
One of the great things about overnight oats is that they are TOTALLY customizable. You can add any toppings that you want. I usually like to add some fresh or frozen fruit and some nuts for crunch. You could also add nut butter, coconut flakes, other nuts or seeds, maple syrup if you like things a little bit sweeter, or even chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless.
For the protein powder, I used Orgain plant-based protein powder in the vanilla flavor. It is slightly sweet, so I didn’t need to add any extra sweetener to this recipe. If you use an unsweetened or unflavored protein powder, I would probably add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup or honey to the base mixture, depending on your preference.
I hope you will try my recipe for overnight oats with protein powder to celebrate January being National Oatmeal Month. These oats are definitely worth celebrating. If you try the recipe, let me know what you think in the comments down below!
Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- Mason jar or other container
- Measuring cups and spoons
- ½ cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or your milk of choice
- ½ cup greek yogurt I used 1 container of Siggi's vanilla and cinnamon
- 1 scoop Orgain plant-based protein powder or your protein powder of choice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Fruit dried or fresh
- Nut Butter
- Add oats, milk, yogurt, protein powder, chia seeds, and ground cinnamon in your mason jar or other resealable container. Mix until well-combined. Place in fridge overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, add toppings of your choosing. Enjoy!