Today I am bringing you a quick and easy dessert recipe for those days when you want something freshly baked but don’t have a ton of time. This Gluten-Free Pear Crisp takes less than 5 minutes to mix together and throw in the oven.
This simple dessert is high in fiber and flavor, while being low in sugar thanks to the natural sweetness from the pears. This recipe is also naturally dairy-free and vegan. I’m excited for you to try it!
Ingredients and Substitutions for Gluten-Free Pear Crisp:
- Bartlett pears – This is a pear crisp so obviously the recipe calls for pears, but you can totally use any fruit that you have on hand. Apples or berries would be great with this oatmeal crisp topping!
- Coconut oil – This helps bind the topping ingredients together. If you aren’t worried about the recipe being vegan, you could use melted butter instead.
- Oat flour – Oat flour is used in this recipe which makes it naturally gluten-free and high in fiber. You could also use white all-purpose or whole wheat flour instead.
- Old-fashioned oats – Make sure to use oats that are labeled gluten-free if desired. You could use quick cooking oats, but the texture of the topping will be slightly different.
- Light brown sugar – You could substitute coconut sugar if you want.
- Ground cinnamon – This adds a nice warmth to the pears. You could use a spice blend such as apple pie spice if you have that instead. My recipe calls for a generous amount, but feel free to add more if you really like cinnamon.
Directions for Gluten-Free Pear Crisp:
First, preheat the oven and spray a small glass baking dish with baking spray. You can also use four small glass ramekins to make individual servings. Peel and slice the pears and add them to the dish.
Next, combine the ingredients for the oatmeal topping in a small bowl. Place on top of the pears.
Finally, bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and crisp! I like to enjoy mine warm with some ice cream.
For this Gluten-Free Pear Crisp, is best to use pears that are just ripe. If you use pears that are too soft and juicy, you risk this dessert becoming a soupy mess. It will still taste delicious, but for presentation purposes you want to avoid super juicy pears.
Be sure to leave a comment and a rating if like this recipe!
Gluten-Free Pear Crisp
- 4 small glass ramekins or baking dish
- 1 small bowl
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats gluten-free
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a small glass baking dish or 4 individual glass ramekins with baking spray.
- Peel and slice pears into 1 inch pieces. Place into dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add on top of pears.
- Bake for 25 minutes until topping is lightly browned and crisp. Enjoy!