I am so excited to be bringing you a delicious appetizer recipe: Fiesta Corn Dip! This is the perfect game day appetizer to enjoy while watching your favorite sports team this weekend.
I typically love any excuse to make fun appetizers and other snacks to enjoy while watching some event on TV 🙂 You can also count on me to make a themed food or drink for any big (or small) holiday gathering.
Speaking of appetizers, I love a good dip. Bean dip, buffalo chicken dip, corn dip, hummus, etc. etc. If you also like dips as much as me, you need to make my Fiesta Corn Dip this weekend!! I was inspired by the Cracked Out Corn Dip from Plain Chicken. I put my own spin on it based on the ingredients I had on hand.
I lightened up the ingredients a little bit to make it less fattening by swapping out the sour cream for nonfat plain greek yogurt. I love using greek yogurt in place of sour cream. You can’t even tell the difference! I also added in some bell pepper and green onions to pack in some extra veggies. The end result is a super creamy, crunchy, savory dip that would go great with your favorite chips or a crisp vegetable dipper like carrots or celery.
How to make Fiesta Corn Dip:
This one is seriously easy! You literally just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then bake covered in a 2-quart baking dish for 30 minutes.
If you want to make this extra delicious, sprinkle on some extra shredded cheese at the end and broil for 5 minutes to get everything nice and melty!!
I usually serve this with tortilla chips, but it would be great with Fritos or even some crunchy veggies like carrots, celery, or bell peppers.
I used canned corn in this recipe, but you could also use fresh corn kernels or frozen corn kernels. If frozen, just make sure you thaw them out and drain out any excess water so that your dip does not turn out watery!
Fiesta Corn Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, white and green parts finely chopped
- 1 (1 oz.) package of ranch dressing mix
- 2 (5.3 oz.) containers of plain greek yogurt
- 2 (15.25 oz.) cans of corn drained
- 1 (3 oz.) package of bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until evenly incorporated. Pour into baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Once dip is hot and bubbly, uncover and add extra cheese on top. Broil for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven. Serve with your favorite chips or veggies. Enjoy!
To check out my other recipes, head over to my Recipes page now!