These air fryer baby potatoes are a staple side dish at my house! They are simple to prepare and cook quickly in the air fryer. I love using fresh herbs from my herb garden to flavor the crispy-on-the-outisde, soft-on-the-inside baby potatoes.
Have you guys hopped on the air fryer train yet?? Hopefully you have! I bought my first air fryer a few years ago, and I have really enjoyed using it, especially during the warmer months. It cooks anything you would cook in an oven, except faster and without heating up your whole house! Everything also comes out extra crispy!! So the air fryer is basically the perfect way to cook baby potatoes!
To make these crispy potatoes even more flavorful, I added some grated parmesan cheese and garlic towards the end of cooking. I can’t wait for you to give these a try!
Ingredients for air fryer baby potatoes:
- Baby potatoes (can use yellow or red)
- Fresh or dried rosemary, parsley, and oregano
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Minced garlic
How to make air fryer baby potatoes:
First, start by halving the baby potatoes. Then, place them into a medium-sized bowl.
Add herbs, olive oil, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray, or use a parchment liner made for your air fryer. Place seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove the basket, add the minced garlic, and shake the potatoes.
Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What to serve with air fryer baby potatoes:
This side dish goes perfectly with any type of meat, fish, chicken, or vegetables. The last time I made these, I served the baby potatoes with chicken sausage and cabbage. It was delish! You can even serve these as a breakfast side with scrambled eggs or omelets.
To make sure that the potatoes get crispy, be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. If the air can’t circulate around the food, then it ends up steaming instead of getting crispy!!
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Medium-sized bowl
- Air fryer
- 1½ lbs baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- First, slice the baby potatoes in half. Then, place them into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add herbs, olive oil, salt, fresh cracked pepper, and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Next, spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray, or use a parchment liner made for your air fryer. Place seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the basket, add the minced garlic, and shake the potatoes.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a review once you try these out and let me know what you think!!